Friday, December 7, 2007

Ignorance is Piss

I am an angry dude.

I've been pissed off since my mom squeezed me out and littered me into this backassward mixed up r-tarded universe, and quite frankly, I like it. The one thing that has always cut a path through my anger is science. Science is essentially the search for truth, now I'm sure there are many more technical definitions for it but that is basically it in simp speak. I love that. I love that there are people dedicating themselves to the discipline of it, however, there has been an annoying hitch in said discipline. This hitch has many names, pseudo science, creationism, ID, and finally religion. Now people can believe whatever crazy crap they want but when it stands in the way of progress...well that's when I get pissed.

I've been following the skeptical movement and I'm still fairly new to it, but the one thing I noticed is that the majority of them are too nice(With the exception of James Randi and Penn & Teller). Now I know that when your emotions get the best of you, you tend to become defensive and sloppy, especially when engaged in an argument or debate, and logical fallacies tend to pour out when you're in that state, but why not? The believers do it, and you could basically say yeah but why lower ourselves? I think maybe we should fight fire with fire.

I'm not saying give up on the completely rational end of the skeptical movement, but I'd like to consider myself the irrational end. I'm gonna be dismissive and ignorant and sometimes even annoying, so basically using their tactics, and I do this in hopes of getting at least one true believer to actually look at the arguments they make and rethink their whole position. If you want people to listen now a days you've gotta hit 'em in the face with some hard or sharp and I hope to be said instrument. Tall order I know, and quite frankly I don't even think anyone will listen, but if I can plant a small patch of doubt in the mind of a believer by sheer brute force...well then I've done my job.

I've heard, more times then I care to admit, that ignorance is bliss...I disagree wholeheartedly. Knowledge is bliss. Know I'm not gonna provide knowledge cause I'm still learning my self, but what I have to offer is pure untainted anger. Anger for pseudo science, anger for creationism and unbelievable, unadulterated, unhindered rage for ignorance.

I won't be the only one to write for this blog. My aim is to find some critical thinkers who have had enough of all the nonsense and want to speak out against it.

In summation I've created this blog to speak out, commit logical fallacies and vent all in the name of skepticism.

Call me Beaker.

No comments: